Now you may be wondering. How can you add more veggies to taco salad??  Let me tell you. I had a little fun with the sneaky chef cookbooks a little while ago and still have some purées in my freezer. I added the white puree (zucchini and cauliflower) to the taco meat along with some very finely chopped kale from my garden. The kids didn't even notice.  Have that along with the salad makings and you have a great veggie meal!!

Taco salad

1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup white purée  (if you don't have the puree you can just leave it out!)
1/4 cup finely chopped kale leaves
4 tbsp penzeys taco seasoning (in my opinion the only kind to buy!)
3/4 cup water

Lettuce
Cheese
Tortilla chips
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Salsa
Ranch (try penzeys mix. Yum!)
Any other desired toppings

Brown ground beef removing fat ( we have grass fed beef that has little to no fat when cooked) add kale and purée mix until combined. Sprinkle spice over the top allowing to heat up for a minute and the pour in water. Mix. Cook for about five minutes.

Put you desired servings on your plate. Start with a base of chips then meat and cheese top off with salad and Ranch, salsa. Enjoy!!
I'm already looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow!