Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu and Shirley Caziers Chicken

This is a fantastic recipe that is a version of one I usually make called Shirley Caziers Chicken.  I found this on the everyday food storage website, take a look if you want to see how she did it.  I have made a few variations of my own.  When I made it I used Magic mix which is a combination of Powdered milk, butter and cornstarch that you can use in place of cream soups.  Check out this link to learn more about that.  I used regular cream of chicken soup in my nutrition calculations so I will leave the recipe that way.

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

8 Boneless Chicken Breasts
4 oz or 8 thin slices of ham
8 oz or 8 thin slices swiss cheese
1-1/2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
1 box Stove top for chicken Stuffing
1/2 cup water more

Layer chicken, cheese and ham in a 9 x 13 baking dish.   Mix soup with water and pour over chicken.  Sprinkle stovetop over mixture in baking dish.  Boil second cup of water pour over stovetop being sure to get all bread crumbs moist.  Bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes.  Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.

Makes 8 servings.  (220 grams each)

437 cals, 22.7 carbs, 20.4 grams fat, 1 gram fiber

Shirley Caziers Chicken has been a staple in our house for a long time.  My husband calls it one of his favorites.  The only real difference between these two recipes is the ham.  They are pretty tasty!  Also this version uses sour cream and one cup of cream soup instead of the 1 1/2 cans of the other.  The taste is pretty comparable.   I think I am going to have to try to make this one with the magic mix!

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk or sour cream
1 package chicken flavored stuffing mix

Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 pan sprayed with non stick spray.  Place a slice of swiss cheese over each breast.  Mix soup and milk or sour cream and pour over the chicken and cheese.  Mix the stuffing according to the package directions.  Spread the stuffing over the top of the chicken and cheese.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  Makes 8 servings  (7 Weight watchers points per serving)

Both recipes are very tasty and very easy.  Give them a try and tell me what you think!

No comments: