Friday, February 5, 2010

Meatloaf

I ate this meatloaf quite frequently growing up.  It was a little drier than I remember, but then I was a little skimpy on the topping,  I usually double the topping recipe as it is my favorite part.  This also made more than I remember and I put it in two loaf pans,  I think it would have been better in just one pan--thicker.  Try it and enjoy.  It is great for sandwiches the next day too!

2 lb lean ground beef  (or half turkey half beef)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 2/3 cup oatmeal
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

1/3 cup catsup
1 Tbsp brown sugar or molasses
1 Tbsp mustard

Combine all ingredients;  mix well.  Shape to form 2 loaves (or just one)  Place in 9 x9 inch galss baking dish or loaf tins.  Mix barbecue sauce topping ingredients together and spread over top of loaves.   Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 1& 1/2 hours.

No comments: