Saturday, May 1, 2010

5-7 layer bean dip

Yes I realize that it has been a very long time since I have posted on here.  I have a good excuse I promise!  We bought a house, moved and sold our old house all within two months.  It went very quickly but of course only after about 8 months of waiting on the house we bought.  So I promise I will make up for my absence...



5-7 layer bean dip.  Why is it 5-7?  Because my husband hates onions, and I don't always have tomatoes around when I make it.  I think it is so versatile because it tastes just as good at five layers as it does seven.  You can mix and match the layers as you want to, but here is how we like it. 


3 cups refried beans,  I use reconstituted beans from the LDS cannery but canned work well too. (use2 cans)
3 ripe avocados, smashed with a little lemon or lime juice to maintain color
1-16oz container sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese or to taste
1 large can olives, sliced
3 tomatoes chopped.

Spread refried beans along bottom of a 9x 13 pan, spread mashed avocados over the top evenly. Mix taco seasoning and sour cream together, (I usually do in the sour cream container) spread over avocados.  Sprinkle cheese and then olives and tomatoes over the top of the pan.  Place in fridge.  Enjoy with jicama strips, peppers or chips.  So yummy!

No comments: