Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dinner tonight: Enchiladas

Since this is a forcast post, I will put up pictures later, not like I have been putting up a ton of pics lately anyway...  I really like enchiladas in fact I have multiple recipes that I alternate.  I will put up the two I use the most.  The first is a more cheesy version with a salsa taste.  The second is more of the creamy sauce.  Both are very good!

Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
8 oz salsa divided
8 6 inch flour tortillas
12 oz cheddar cheese cubed
1/4 cup milk

Stir chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese and 1/2 cup salsa in saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted.  Spoon 1/3 cup chiken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.  Place, seam side down in lightly greased 12x 8 baking dish.  Stir cheese and milk in sauce pan over low heat until smooth.  Pour over tortillas.  Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 20 min.  Or until thoroughly heated.  Pour remaining salsa over tortillas.

This is my recipe of choice for tonight only I am going to use the full fat cream soup and plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Lower Fat Chicken Enchiladas

1 package flour tortillas
2 cups cooked chicken breast cut in chunks
2 cans low fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup lioght or non-fat sour cream
2 1/2 cups light cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1 can green chiles
1/2 cup milk

Combine chicken, 1 can soup sour cream, 2 c cheese and chiles.  Mix well.
Warm tortillas; fill each with about 2 Tbsp chicken mixture.  Fold in ends and roll up.  Lay rolls, seam side down in 9 x 13 inch pan, sprayed with pam. 
Mix remaining filling with other can of soup, 1/2 c cheese and milk.  Pour over top of enchiladas.  Cover lightly with foil and bake 30 minutes at 350.

2 comments:

EVE UNDERGROUND said...

Hi! I saw your post on MFP about crockpot recipes, I'm following your blog so I can check out all your recipes :)

I have a blog too, lately I've been using it as a daily food photo journal with my calorie&weight log.

http://eveunderground.blogspot.com/

debnu said...

Thanks for following, now I just need to be better at posting!