Friday, December 4, 2009

Chicken and Corn Chili

One of the things I like to do when looking for something to cook is to google it.  I find some good recipes that way.  This is one I just did a day ago.  DH says that he likes Salsa Chicken better but it is basically the same thing.  I really just liked this one.  This link is the recipe I got, and here is how I tweaked it.  I would add the chili powder and cumin to taste--DH liked it better before I added the tomatoes and beans.

Chicken and Corn Chili

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (I pulled mine straight from the freezer)
1 16 oz jar salsa (2 cups)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (I buy pre-minced in the bottle)
1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 can corn
4 cups pinto beans cooked as directed, or two cans beans
1 can green chilis
1 can diced tomatoes
2 t sugar

Place chicken, salsa and spices in crockpot.  Cook on high for four hours, turn to low for 6 hours and add beans, corn, tomato, chilis and sugar.  I was able to shred the chicken easily after 5 hours but you can pretty much do that as you mix it all together.  Great as just chili, with french bread on the side.  You can also use in a tortilla.  I give this 4 stars of 5.

No comments: