Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Fudge


Every Christmas and New Years the family pulls out the famous fudge recipe.  There is really no other fudge that compares to it.  I personally think it is the only fudge to eat, although I am enough of a chocoholic that I won't turn down a bit of chocolate that is offered to me.  As long as I can remember we have had this fudge for Christmas, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Christmas Fudge

1 lb Hershey's Chocolate bars  (I use 8 oz Symphony bar with toffee and almonds and 8 oz special dark chocolate since they have reduced the sizes it is actually 2-4.25 oz bars of each)
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 lb butter
4 cups sugar
1 16 oz package miniature marshmallows
2 oz unsweetened chocolate

Break up all the chocolate; open the marshmallows.  Set aside.  Combine milk, butter , and sugar and bring to a boil.  Boil 5 minutes (7-10 if you like harder fudge).  Take off heat and add other ingredients; stir well until all are melted and mixed.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.  Let cool. 

Yummy!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Are you bringing some tomorrow?