Saturday, March 5, 2016

Discipline





Discipline,  what is it?   We hear this word thrown about all the time.  If only I were more disciplined, I could do...   fill in the blank.  We could do anything right?   Discipline is the ability to do what needs to be done, even when we don't feel like it.  (thank you Brian Tracy!)  I was listening to a book on Cd by Brian tracy the other day and he read that definition of discipline.  I had to rewind and listen to it again.   Doing something even though you don't want to.   Does that mean that there are people out there that don't want to exercise, but do it anyway?   Does that mean that some people don't want to load the dishwasher, or empty it, but do it anyway?   Mind literally blown.   The difference between who I am now, and who I want to become is a choice.   Whether I do what needs to be done, or give in to my negative voice.   This choice, this discipline.  It's all up to me.   Just like courage is feeling the fear and doing something anyway.  Being disciplined is feeling the pull to not do something, but doing it anyway.   This is possible.   It is not an enigma.  In fact you can make the choice right now.   Stand up, and do that one thing that you have been procrastinating.   Go on,   you can do it.  Load the dishwasher, do 10 pushups.   Just do it.  Once you do you will feel so much better and have that much more motivation to do the next item on your procrastination list.   Discipline, it isn't hard, it isn't impossible.  It is just action, even when you don't want to move.

Just move.

No comments: