Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Day 2

Day 2 of anything seems to be hard for me.  Probably because I start out all ready to tackle and then my stamina wavers.  I am certainly tired today...was in bed ready to sleep at 10 but didn't get to sleep until about 11.  I've found I need 8 hours of sleep to really feel my best. Still got up and completed my power "time"  not quite an hour...it took me too long to get downstairs.  Morning routine complete even though in  a shorter time frame.


I got in my exercise. I became interested in heavy lifting about a year ago.  I talked my hubby into getting me the weights and gym stuff.  I have dabbled in it since then.  My goal though is to get to a 90lb squat, hopefully by the end of the year.  I think it is possible.  It was much easier than I had expected it to be today.  I took 6 months off from not being able to get to the equipment (we were finishing our basement)  Then when we got carpet I was recovering from my appendectomy.  Another month off.  

I use the strong lifts app on my phone.  Works great...easy and these heavy weight exercises work a lot of muscles at once so you get more bang for your buck.  :)
Yes women can lift heavy too...I am not out to get ripped.  I want to be strong and healthy!

Meals taken in today.
8 am  one banana and 4 pistachios
9:45  eggs and sweet potato hash  (I burnt my hash,  :( Don't walk away to help a 3 yr old get dressed while it is cooking!  I still ate it, well most of it though.)
11:30  1 glass of ovaltine, yum.
1:30  Whole Wheat spaghetti with Red sauce and hamburger  veggies while it was warming up.
3:40 Ningxia Red
7 pm Chinese,  cashew chicken and a few bites of lemon/orange/ ham fried rice.  So yummy.  We have not had it in ages!  My daughter had a group lesson from 5:30-6:30 tonight.  I had planned to do a crockpot meal but totally forgot to put it in this morning.   So we picked up the food on the way home.  I ate more than usual because I had gone so long without eating.  But I wasn't starving...just not wanting to eat anything that was an option before then. 
I also ate a cute little candy turkey a friend brought by for a Thanksgiving treat.   She is so thoughtful!  No Guilt here, I enjoyed the parts I liked and threw out the rest...  I am not going to deprive myself.  That is a whole other post in itself!


I was noticing today that the food I used to just graze on I was passing because I didn't want to report it.  What a difference writing something down will make!

The problem with the weights is that my steps are not so high today only 6358.  That's ok though.  I am already feeling the tightness of my muscles.  :) 

It's almost Thanksgiving!  I think I will make some pies tomorrow!  Off to plan my day so I don't forget to put food in or something again.
Oh and I get another gold star!  All my routines complete!

No comments: