Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Healthy Journey Day 204

Be Your Best Self Today
   I read a Darren Daily this morning that talked about being your best self.   This is not in the future, or some ethereal version.  It is going through your day and making decisions based on what your best version of you would do.  It really struck me as important and I have decided to make choices based on what my best self would do.  So this morning I thought my best self would have eggs...so I did.   My best self would play with her son while waiting for her exercise partner.  So I did.   My best self would set a timer while sitting at the computer...so I did.   My new goal is to use this guide every day to gauge my choices.  So I have added Be your Best Self Today to my template.  You will be seeing  a lot more of it!  :)


Gratitudes:  Darren Daily, my kiddos.   School,  Summer

   
Intentions for the day: Clean Kitchen.  Read Intuitive Eating, Be my best self!



Morning Blood Sugar:   111


Exercise: 10 mins of Steph's workout from yesterday.  Squats, lunges, pushups and overhead press with 12 lb weights.  5 minutes on treadmill (5 mph) 5 min bike.  Repeated the strength and then 5 mins bike, 5 min treadmill (5.3 mph)   bicycle abs and plank alternated x2  

Breakfast:
Time: 8 am
Hunger  Level *:
Ate:scrambled egg
Comments:I made eggs and shared with my son.  


Snack:
Time: 10
Hunger Level*:
Ate: shredded mini wheats, blueberries, milk and kefir
Comments:  This may just be my favorite breakfast!

Lunch:
Time: noon
Hunger Level*:
Ate: grilled cheese sandwich, cookie bars
Comments:  found myself eating the cookies while on the phone.   I realized as I was going through the Intuitive Eating book today that I am an unconcious eater.   I have used IE as an excuse to eat anything at any time and do it without paying attention which is no longer intuitive.   Food for thought.

Snack:
Time: 3
Hunger Level*:
Ate: watermelon and cookies
Comments:

Dinner:
Time: 6 pm
Hunger Level*:
Ate: bacon
Comments:


Water intake:  64 oz


Daily Wins:  Cleaned kitchen.  Wrote up a synopsis for the Intuitive Eating Boot camp I am doing for the forums of boot camp.  :)  Asked myself several times today what would the best me do?


Daily goal:
Drink 64 oz water  Complete.   Continue to strive for daily. 
1 fruit, 1 Veg. 
One load of laundry to completion:  wash-dry-fold-put away

2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis.
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October
7.  The Amy stretch!
8.  Brenda Vance Stairs
9.  10 full pushups

I am 34 inches thinner from my bust/waist and hips and a size 8's measurements of 36/28/38 on October 7, 2015.  I am following the trainers workout and food plans drink 64 oz of water a day and getting 8 hours of sleep every night.
I track this by completing my measurements every 4 weeks and weighing in weekly. My expectation is to see a decrease of approximately 5 inches per month.

 I am completing my daily trainer workouts, planning my meals, eating as I am hungry and listening to my fullness cues. I get in 10000 steps 6 times a week. I measure my progress with Sunday Morning weigh ins and document it on my blog. I stick to a regular bedtime and use a timer when I am on the computer.  I feel energetic and strong. I Feel good in my own skin.

**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: