Saturday, November 14, 2015

Healthy Journey Day 365

It's here.  One year ago I started logging my days.   And I made it!   Crazy isn't it.   A lot has changed over the last year.  I now have a trainer, a therapist and I have accomplished some of my goals.   My A1c is lower than it has been since I ever had it checked.  That in itself feels like a miracle.   I am stronger than ever.   I suspect that if I tried I could squat 95 lbs.   I even bet if I tried I could run a 10 minute mile.   I will see this next week as I am really close.  I am able to do 10 full pushups.  They aren't all the way down, all the time, but I can do them.   I am amazed by my progress!  I started asking for help in the areas I needed it and I feel I am making it all work.   Sure I am not a size 8, I don't weigh 50 lbs less.   However.   I am strong, my insides are healthier and that is what matters!   Feeling Strong and Healthy was my ultimate goal and I definitely have made great strides in that department.   I am excited to see where the next year will take me.   The way I see it, I have made great changes on the inside.   As I start to improve my mental out look in therapy and continue in my training the inside changes will start to show on the outside.   I especially feel that way since my thyroid dose has been increased and my body should start working like a better oiled machine.  The extra weight will just start falling off of me now.  :)  Faster metabolism do your work!

Today we were off to a funeral.   I found myself irritated because we didn't leave early enough (totally my fault)  Depressed because of why we were going.   Guilty because I didn't get there early enough and that I didn't really talk to any of the family.  Basically every emotion possible.   I was totally crazy I guess.   It was a beautiful and uplifting funeral.  Is that really possible?   Really it was a lovely tribute to the wonderful person she was.  
We stopped by our friend's house on the way home.   They had to leave for an appointment so we didn't stay too long.  We got a quick tour of their house though.  It was good to visit the short time we were able to. 
I was laying around feeling all sorts of crazy this evening when I decided to go over to my neighbor's scentsy party she had this evening.   I didn't know that I wanted to be around people but really didn't want to be home any longer either.   So we went.  It was fun.  I am glad I did. 

I got in a 10 minute workout this morning, a few weights, pushups and the treadmill.  Quick but good.

I packed a few snacks to take with us today.  I don't usually do that, but it was really nice.  I forgot drinks, however, and that would have been helpful. 

Food:   Breakfast PB toast and a banana
Pretzels, carrots, chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
Pizza, pasta and ice cream.  Ice cream was my aunt's favorite.  It was mentioned several times through the funeral so we decided to make some.  YUM!

Tomorrow's plan. 
Pumpkin waffles?  If I have time
Smoothie, I hope
Salad
Turkey dinner with all the trimmings.  Pie 

No comments: