Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 99 of 100--Dancing to the music.



Here my 100 day challenge is almost over,   I had expected to be in a different place now than I am.   Of course I have had challenges, but the question is whether those ended up being glorified excuses.   "I'm sick, so I will bag what I have been working on."  



Over General Conference this weekend. This quote was used.   I don't know the source, but the speaker (whose name I can't remember now either!) was talking about a Dr on an Indian reservation.  A fellow comes in who ends up being a medicine man.   The Dr. asks can you teach me to dance?   The medicine man responds:  "I can teach you to Dance, but you have to hear the music."   The theme of the talk was basically that you can go through the motions, but if you don't have the commitment, love and testimony of Jesus Christ in your heart; soon the motions will become dreary, dull and hard to follow through on.

I equate this to my journey to a healthier life.   With out the firm resolute knowledge of why I am doing this, why it is important, who it is for and what I am trying to become.   Without remembering that or keeping that reason fore front.  Soon my actions will dwindle and die.   It is hard to get up in the morning, but even harder if you don't have a good reason to.   It is hard to plan menus, but even harder if you don't have a reason.   It is hard to make good meals, but even harder if you don't remember the reason. 

I want my kids to grow up healthy and strong, with no fear of diabetes.  With healthy habits already ingrained in them.   I want them to know how to work hard and get things done.   I want to prove to myself that I have the ability to accomplish the things I have set out to do.  I can work hard and get things done.  I can be the example I need to be.  I deserve to take care of myself and my family.   I deserve health, I deserve Happiness, I deserve that energy.  It is all mine for the taking!

No comments: