Sunday, May 17, 2015

My Stitch Fix #3

As it is almost my birthday, I decided to have another stitch fix sent to me.   It's always exciting to see what ends up in the box left at my door.   This time was no exception.

They send a card for each item to say different ways it can be worn.  Here is this one.  



Here are the outfits:
White jeans and a stretchy top.
The jeans fit me perfectly.  I don't have any white jeans so they are a good addition to my wardrobe.   The top doesn't disguise my extra curves, but doesn't over emphasize them either.   I like the red pattern and it seems to be very comfortable.  It is also long enough to cover me.   I seem to have trouble with finding longer shirts.   The Stitch fix seems to have solved that.  



This dolman top and necklace.  
I first tried this shirt on with the white pants.  Oh, I hated it.  Showing all my curves.  Over emphasizing my chest.   The wings of the shirt made me look even bigger.   Being with white pants made it even worse.   Pairing the shirt with darker jeans made me hate it less.   I like how it bunches at my waist giving me a little more shape.   The necklace pairs quite well with it. 



A very cute dress.

The dress did not fit.   It must be a junior size XL as my daughter could wear it perfectly.   She really liked it so I am keeping it for her.  

So what do you think I kept?   I made up my mind and then had second thoughts.   I realized I need to take a little more time in making a decision than opening it up trying everything once and then checking out.   I was treating the stitch fix like a trip to the store instead of experiencing each item and deciding how I felt after a few days instead of right way.  I do have 3 days before sending it back.  Why not take advantage.  ;)

The average cost of a fix over my last three has been about $200.   If I get everything.   They give a 25% discount if you keep it all.  

If you want to try a fix, use this link.  They give referral bonuses.  :)

Share what you think.  I want to hear opinions.
  

Update:   I ended up sending the white shirt and necklace back.   But I now am regretting it.  Looking at the pictures I think it was much nicer than my first opinion of it.   Oh well.  Next time I will definitely take my time before rushing into judgement.   Besides if I kept them it would have been only a few dollars difference in cost.


No comments: