Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 12. Living on little sleep

I went to bed after 1:30 am last night.  So not good.  I've been staying up late all week.  Getting up at 6:30 left a lot to be desired and needless to say I didn't follow my usual routines.   My daughters birthday is today and she was still feeling sick and stayed home from school. I felt in a daze for the most part.   Took me back to when I worked night shifts.   I always craved sweets when tired.   Come to find out it is because your body looks for an energy boost.  My programming says sugar and carbs give me energy so I start loading up.   Definitely saw that today. 

Intake
8 am oatmeal
9:30 chocolate cake. (Tasted much better cold than lukewarm). 
1 pm village baker half sandwich and broccoli cheese soup.  Oh so good.  I was so hungry I inhaled it.  The turkey and provolone on squaw bread was delightful as well.   Yum!!
A piece of pizza
A piece of cake
7 pm Poppyseed chicken and salad carrots
Pineapple upside down cake.  My daughters choice for birthday cake.  So yum!!
I am remembering everything now.  I didn't keep so good of track today.   I feel like my brain has been disengaged today.  

I did get in a 5 min shrink session and 20 min on the bike. 

I read a post on go kaleo.com today that really hit home.  It was about small habits at a steady pace.  Making small changes that you can keep up instead of jumping all in and faltering.  She said it much better than I am right now so here is the link.  https://gokaleo.com/2013/09/30/habit-the-real-key/
The book the compound effect also talks about taking consistent small steps that soon give you the momentum you need.  It's a great book!

Well off to get much more sleep.  

No comments: