Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Day 30. How do you burn fat??

This morning I thought I'd do some research and figure out how fat really gets burned.  This article was quite interesting.   It says that weightlifting for the first 30 minutes followed by moderate intensity exercise offers the best fat burning response.  http://www.umich.edu/~medfit/resistancetraining/timingiseverything101705.html
I also liked this article...  
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/28/fastest.fat.burners/
and this one is very interesting about how fat is metabolized:  
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-you-lose-weight-wher/

Morning Blood Sugar: 97. Starting to question the accuracy of my glucose monitor.  I think I need to do a control check.   First I'll have to find the solution though.  

Exercise: Strong Lifts.  Treadmill at 3 mph for 20 minutes.  A total of almost an hour.  Felt great!  


Breakfast:  
Time: 7:40
Hunger Level*:3
Ate:  grapefruit 
Comments: yum.  It was sweet tart at its finest.   I wanted something before I went to exercise. 

Snack:
Time: 9:30
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate: omelet with onions and peppers. Banana bread that our neighbor gave us. 
Comments:  not as good as yesterday's but I wanted some good protein 
10:30 a ginger snap.  I wanted to test the ones I'm baking for neighbors.  Yum!!  (ate another at 11:30 as I was boxing them up)
Lunch:
Time: 3 pm
Hunger Level*: 1.5
Ate: leftover pizza and cookies from the neighbors. 
Comments:  I wasn't hungry before leaving to take treats and presents to peoples houses, then I was rather famished by the time we got home.

Snack:
Time:u
Hunger Level*:
Ate:
Comments:

Dinner:
Time:  7 pm
Hunger Level*:  3.5
Ate:  milk, almond poppyseed bread a couple treats that were given to us.  
Comments:  not too hungry. Just snacked for dinner.  


Water intake:  32 oz

**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set 
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: