Saturday, December 20, 2014

Day 28, Sunday Before Christmas

I so wish I could sleep in today.   9 am church doesn't allow it though.  I have not done myself any favors by going to sleep late and back to bed in the morning all week.  This week I'll work on that.  It is raining hard outside.  Love the sound of rain.  With it almost Christmas I really wish it was snow however.  I love a white Christmas!



Morning Blood Sugar: 97. To say I'm surprised is an understatement.  Eating bread for dinner does not usually denote a lower sugar.   I'm taking it though!

Exercise:   Rest day. Funny to say since I've taken a few weeks off.  Still don't recommend the flu as a weight loss regimen!

Weigh in:   I thought I would include this on Sundays. I only weigh myself once a week.  A couple of years ago I was a scale junkie.  I would wish and hope and pray for a lower number before I stepped on the piece of metal every day and then the number would dictate my mood for the rest of the day.  I'd eat out of permission for having a good number.  I'd eat out of guilt for a "bad" number. To get out of this perpetual cycle and fear of the scale I stopped weighing myself cold turkey for almost a full year.  The advantage of this was that I had to rely on other factors to determine my day.  How I felt for instance.  Something that should dictate my mood much more than a number from a piece of metal.  I highly recommend ditching the scale if you find yourself being a slave to it.   Now I step up remind myself it is only a number and has no bearing on my worth.  No shame no guilt no judgement.  I take note of the number and move on.  Numbers used to rule my day.   No more.  Now it is a tool out if many in my arsenal to tell me my approximate coordinates for my journey.   One of many guideposts to guide me in the direction I desire to go.  
So all that being said I weighed in at 195.4 this morning.  0.2 greater than last week.  

Breakfast:  
Time: 8:30
Hunger Level*: 3
Ate: a muffin
Comments: running around trying to get kids and self ready for church.  I ate it while getting dressed.   In actual fact I wanted eggs and muffin and a grapefruit.  

Snack:
Time:  none.  
Hunger Level*:
Ate:
Comments:

Lunch:
Time:  12:10
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate: a roll a couple cookies some cookie dough
Comments: hubby asked me to make cookies for his home teaching families. He was leaving at 2.  So I quickly made some m&ms cookies and macadamia but white chocolate ones. It's almost two and I'm sitting.  The dough is not all cooked but I have enough for the plates for the families.  

Snack:
Time: 3 pm
Hunger Level*: 3
Ate: a couple of cookies.  Chips and con queso dip.  
Comments: yum

Dinner:
Time:6:30
Hunger Level*:4
Ate: hotdogs
Comments: wasn't horribly hungry.  I probably ate a cookie or two too many earlier.  Have had enough salt that I am more thirsty than hungry anyway. Pretty sure I'm done eating for the night.  :)


Water intake:  didn't keep that great of track today.  But I'm estimating 32 oz. my goal is 64...

Synopsis:  this week has been one of continued recovery.  Planning menus exercise and water intake are on the top of my list for improvements this next week.  

Thanks for reading!

**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: