Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Healthy Journey Day 295

It's been a two fold day.  I had absolutely no energy and was in a bit of a funk this morning and then somehow I got a jumpstart and ended the day pretty fast paced.

Breakfast:   a bacon egg sandwich, green machine drink

Exercise:  30 min BC workout with 90 sec plank and 20 pushups.  4 ladders outside.

Snack:  Fruit snacks, a couple spoonfuls of honey greek yogurt.  Yum.
I was feeling so yucky I just sat on the couch and picked up one of my daughters books to read.  I set the timer for 15 minutes so that I wouldn't get too stuck (I can read all day long)
I then got up and started doing some putter cleaning.   It's almost as if I don't have a purpose at times.   Time to figure out my cleaning house purpose so I can feel a drive!



Lunch:   Leftover meatballs from last night with extra sweet peppers on top.  The flavor really goes well together.
I got a call from hubby saying my brother had been texting him about me helping with their move so I called the source and figured stuff out.

Snack:  Poppy seed muffin.  I ran to costco as my brother said he didn't have any ideas on their dinner so I offered to take them some.   I just made more meatballs.  So yummy.  It was a huge race to get that done...I made some no bake cookies too.   The bad part is that I didn't officially make my family dinner.  We had been snacking on muffins and my daughter had some leftovers from last night, but it was a bit chaotic.    I had changed my daughters piano lesson to the evening as well instead of thursday afternoon so that I could have a little more freedom of time then.

Dinner??  I went to a relief society Activity.  They were talking about food storage, how to make yogurt, and cooking with alternative heat sources.  It was interesting.   I already knew a lot of what they taught, but got a lot of recipes and had a few things reaffirmed as to what I need to do.
My plan is to have a bunch of back up pantry meals that are easy quick and available in my pantry.   I think it will help when I need something quick, but also having foods we like in storage will be a good thing.  They also talked about having a plan as to what you would cook worst case scenario....I know I would not want to be cooking all day long.   There are some foods I do need to get better practiced with (like breads, I haven't made any in a while!) so that if I had to make them I would be able to.   Knowing what and how ahead of time will make a huge difference in stress levels.  Really knowing how to use everything in my food storage would be helpful.   Time to make sure I do!

I had a couple of no bake cookies and a sample of cheese cake from homemade yogurt.   Pretty tasty.

Got in my water, not the veggies.

No comments: