Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Stitch fix #5

My fifth stitch fix.  I might just be in love with this service.    I have been reading other blogs about how to get your best fix.   They suggest requesting items and looking at other peoples fixes, pinning what you like from those.   So I did that.   I requested a polka dot shirt, one specifically that I found on someones blog.  They've sold out of it but sent me a different one that I think I like maybe a little better.   I also am pretty sure the tiered top is one I had pinned as well.  I love the look of it!   So here is my break down.  Let me know what you think.

Here is my box laid out with my white jeans under the polka dot shirt.  


First items:  The Rune Kiley Ankle Zip legging ($58)and the Market & Spruce Jersey Stripe Tiered Top ($68).   I question how much of a legging person I am.   Usually they are a little too form fitting.   These leggings aren't the traditional very stretchy fabric.  There is a bit of heft to them.   I found I rather liked that.   They have a gold zipper at the ankle and are mid rise.   Over all I think they are quite cute though.   
 The Market & Spruce Jersey Stripe Tiered Top.  I had seen this one on a blog.   Loved it there, still love it.   The neckline is perfect and it is comfortable.  The stripes and tiers hide my imperfections pretty well I think.   I love the length of it too!
The suggestion was to wear the Market & Spruce Colibri Polka Dot Print Top ($48) with my white jeans and red flats as well as a silver necklace.   I don't have red flats so I pulled out my super high heeled red shoes...probably not the best fit but it was fun.  :)  I love the lower half of this shirt.  Polka dots are kinda fun.  It is a little tight across while putting it on, but seems to fit pretty well. 
The Fun2Fun Wythe Split Neck Top ($48).  Pulling everything out this shirt was the one I really wasn't sure about.  The print is something I would just skip at the store.   Wouldn't even look.   So I was pleasantly surprised as I tried it on and really liked it.  The lower half is a straight edge, which I think covers my "flaws" pretty well the split neck is a little low, but workable.   The sleeves are a little tight when reaching up, and it is a little hard to put my phone in my back pocket.  The fabric really isn't stretchy.   It seems like it might wrinkle easily as well.   All of these shirts are hand wash, which isn't my first choice...but still doable. 
The Octavia Alexi Stud Detail Tote ($48).   When I cheated and looked at my checkout right after I got the shipment notification I was really disappointed to see a tote.   After having the 31 party not long ago I feel like I am a little bagged out.  I really wasn't sure about the color either.  This green isn't really all that to me.  However I love the bag in a bag idea.   When I go on a plane in October that could really come in handy.  The more I played with the bag and thought about how my stylist Christina had said it would go with this shirt and my other outfits I started liking it more.   What do you think?



Here is the picture of the bag in the bag.  There are snaps one on each side that hook the smaller bag inside where it hangs.   No searching for my wallet in the deep recesses...



So there you go.  My stitch fix.   It has been so much fun trying it all on.  I'd love to hear your opinions, as you can tell I seem to like it all.  I might just get the whole thing!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Those are all really cute!!! I'd probably keep the stuff that's most comfortable. It almost makes me want to try it!

debnu said...

I so love it all! I kept it all! :) I wore them a little bit before deciding. That was the bonus of having 3 days to figure out what to keep before sending it back.

You should totally do it! I may never go back to regular shopping again!