Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day 69 of 100--accept help

Many times we think we can just do it all.  Or maybe we think we should be able to do it all.   Notice I said should!  Guilt meter going off!!   A long time ago my Grandma H taught me a lesson.   My youngest brother had just been born and I was telling someone that we didn't need meals brought in.  She interrupted me and said "let them serve"   this is one of those moments that has stuck with me
ever since.   We are taught to serve others, but are we taught to accept service?   Truth is no one is able to do everything.   It is only through the help of others that we are able to get through this life.   As you serve one another you find joy, happiness and love.  Receiving service allows you to feel that love.  We all need to feel loved!  

The last two days I have had two friend bring dinner into me.  It was offered in such away that I couldn't say no. These lovely ladies have brought meals many times before.  I am in great gratitude to them.   I do feel very loved.  I am working to rest and recover so that I take full advantage of the help they have given me.  

I don't feel that my words are flowing well tonight.   Basically the point I want to get across is that it is just as important to accept service as it is to give it.   To give love and receive love. 

No comments: