Sunday, October 4, 2015

NoSpendtober day 4

Sunday's are easy days for me to not spend money.   I don't believe in shopping on Sunday.

Today's mission was to set up a meal swap.  I wasn't sure about that.  So I decided I will do some freezer meals instead.   There are many sites for freezer meals...tons of ideas on pinterest, etc.

I even printed off a set yesterday from the site Passion for Savings.   The trouble I have is I tend to run out and get a lot of ingredients when I try new recipes.   I'm looking for ones that are compatible with what I already have.


We were too busy the last couple days to finish out the inventory but I will do it this coming week.

I made pancakes this morning and cupcakes in the afternoon using half fresh eggs and half dried eggs to stretch out my fresh supply.  They turned out great!

I tried my hand at making yogurt today.   Hoping it turns out.  It's quite easy, and inexpensive.   We had milk that tasted extra watery, so instead of just throwing it out I used it.   I think it will taste good...well the very small taste I had last night was good.  It has a lot of whey, so it appears our milk was more than tasting watery.  :)

No comments: