Thursday, October 1, 2015

Nospendtober Day 1

Ok, I am scared silly!   Today is day one of the Living Well Spend Zero Challenge.  I am making a commitment and signing the line to say I will do my absolute best to spend nothing this month.  I am probably a little more nervous because I have not talked to hubby about it yet.   My hubby doesn't usually care about my budgeting.   He is busy with work stuff and trusts me to take care of the house.    I will have to talk to him about it tonight.  


First step today is to sign the commitment.   I also created a mind map with ideas for how I am going to acccomplish this.  


What is happening this month?  
Tomorrow my son has a birthday party he is invited to.  I had meant to get a present for him already...So that will take some doing.   I am tempted to run to the store though.

I am taking my daughter on a trip to the American Girl store  mid month.   She has always said she wouldn't fly, so we enticed her with this trip.  I will set a strict budget, luckily plane tickets and hotels, etc are already paid for.

The end of the month, Hubby and I have been invited to a Garth Brooks Concert.   One of Hubby's subcontractors has a suite and we get to have a catered meal and lots of fun.  :)   I had scheduled a stitch fix for this and now cancelled it as I do have clothes from the last one.  I really wanted to buy some shoes to go with my last fix too.  Trying to reconcile myself (as I have not found any I like yet anyway)

So many hard decisions in just one morning!

2 comments:

sublimejen said...

Good luck! I'm doing this challenge too!

debnu said...

Thanks Jennifer! I wish the same to you! It's going to be a fun and interesting month. Thanks for visiting!