Friday, October 9, 2015

NoSpendtober Day 9

Today is cleaning day.   I psyched myself up all day yesterday saying today I would get up and clean.   Guess what,  I did!   I feel so accomplished!   I guess good things happen when you decide to do it!
The suggestion on the Living well spending less blog is to spend an hour each morning cleaning.   I actually really like this idea.  I have been trying forever to clean in 15 minute blocks but recently after watching a video on productivity by Brendon Bruchard started trying 50 minute blocks.   Having an hour first thing in the morning to run through the house and clean sounds like just what I need.   You could say that it is eating the frog for me.   I am most productive first thing in the morning so why not take advantage of it!


Here's the beginning... My sink was full of dishes so I emptied and loaded the dishwasher then washed all the hand-washables.  Like my basket of fruit from bountiful baskets?

I spent a good couple hours in the kitchen but started checking things off my list.   I printed out a second one that I put in a sheet protector and used a dry erase marker to check it off.   Something very fulfilling about a check mark!

I watched my brothers kids for a few hours so that made half the day a no go as far as cleaning.  I vacuumed after they left and finished up the toilets as well as a few other things.   I didn't check everything off my list but I am fine with that!   I am going to start a early morning clean up anyway so this list will get easier and easier! 
Don't mind my notes on the side.  Hubby was asking me to get some things for the guys tomorrow and this was the closest paper.  :) 
Looking forward to doing this again tomorrow!!


No comments: