Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 34 of 100---Cleaning is exercise part 2

Today I went through my routines again.  I do a lot better with a bit of freedom instead of a set schedule. I decided that instead of set things to do each day, I am going to assign a room to each day of the week. This would be a modified zone system.  :) For instance:
Monday:  Kitchen
Tuesday:  Bedroom
Wednesday:  Bathroom
Thursday:  Living Room
Friday:  Entry

Each day I will spend 15 minutes in the assigned section...I left it generic so I could pick which one needed it more.   I have been reading the book "The Joy of being Disorganized" by Pam Young.  She says to Figure out what the purpose is of each room and then you feel more inclined to work in it.   For instance the purpose of my bedroom is to rest and relax.  It is a respite from life.   So in order to make it that way I want it to be clutter free, have nice plants or flowers, light and bright with the feeling of peace.  I have a long way to get it there but now I can see the vision.  It makes me that more inclined to work in there. 

Now to add this to my goal list....it sure is getting long! 

No comments: