Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 35 of 100--treat yourself

 When was the last time you treated yourself?   Sometimes we just need some pampering.   I know I do!! 

Today I received something I have been waiting a long time for!  A stitch fix.  I have let my negative voice talk me out of ordering because the highest size they go to is a 14.   So when those size 14 jeans seemed to magically fit me the other day I decided to bite the bullet and order.  I'm so glad I did!  It felt like Christmas morning when the mailman dropped it on my doorstep.  I eagerly brought it in and opened it up.   Inside I had 5 separate items.   A brown scarf, a violet dress, a white shirt, a brown cardigan and a pair of jeans.   I started with the dress.  It was beautiful!  Fit and flare, I loved the look...now to try it on.   Sadly I couldn't zip it up.  I just about cried.  Next the shirt and pants.  Amazingly even though the dress didn't fit, the jeans did!   I loved the shirt and jeans, even the cardigan.  I wasn't so sure until I put it on.  Love it!  Each item came with a card that showed style ideas and I could tell my stylist took time to figure out what I would like.   I vacillated on whether to just keep everything...and drop the inches to fit in the dress.  But I decided to only keep what fit really well and I really liked so here is what I ended up with.   

I think it is really cute!  The T-shirt was a cheap one from Target, shoes from target too actually.   I guess that shows what kind of shopper I am.  :)   The jeans were $78 which is a bit more than I usually spend.  I am the maybe if it is $15 on sale I will buy it kind of jeans buyer.  These just fit well and I loved them!  They feel like they were made for me. 

Buying clothes you don't fit, with the plan to get into them is the equivalent of clothing abuse!   Those clothes will mock you and hate you...not to mention the money it took to buy them.  Clothe yourself for the now, not for the future.  You deserve to fit and feel good in your clothing.  Not be restricted and uncomfortable.  Feel good and look good now!!  :)

Remember, treat yourself, it doesn't have to be clothes.  It could be calling a friend, a nice bath.  Reading a book or anything else that makes you feel pampered.  You deserve to feel good!

No comments: