Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 39 of 100--is it just an excuse?



In talking with my new trainer the other day, I was explaining my view of Intuitive eating.   I wasn't doing a very good job of it and then started wondering.   Am I using the "I can eat anything without guilt" thought as an excuse? This has really changed up my thinking and I am questioning everything now.   What is the truth and what are excuses?   How do you know the difference?  

First you need to be aware of your thoughts.   As you are reaching for a food, what are the thoughts going through your head?   I deserve this.   I  don't have time.  I'm too tired.   I want it.  These are all thoughts I have thought at one time or another.  Many others too.  Sometimes they are so automatic that you don't even realize that you are thinking them.   The trick to being aware is to slow down your thoughts,  catch yourself and pay attention.  Write it down if it helps.  Sometimes a brain dump onto paper makes every bit of difference.   

Now that you are becoming aware start questioning these statements.  Is it true?  Is there something else that would work better?   Will this help me achieve my goals?  Do I really not have the time?  Or do I not want to make it?  If you are sitting at the computer, facebooking or pinning, and telling yourself you don't have time...you just are not making it a priority.   Yes I am guilty!!  

As you question you will find that the excuses don't hold up any longer, so you can replace those words with affirmations.  Such as planning ahead will help me succeed.  I will reach my goals because creating healthy and tasty meals is my priority.   You can also pat yourself on the back!  You deserve to track these wins!!  Noticing your improvements is the best way to keep you motivated and on track!

What is your biggest excuse?  I use I am too tired and I don't have time way too often.  Time to evaluate priorities and my excuses.  

No comments: