Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day 56 of 100--its ok to be selfish



Why am I doing all of this?  Is it for me, for strangers, for kids, for my husband?   What is the real reason I am attempting to make changes in my life?  In the past I have tried to make my "why" a purpose that would effect my children or my husband or the way I am seen by others.  Truth is I have absolutely no control over what other people think of me.   That includes my husband and my children. 

Perhaps my Why isn't about them, but about me!   Sure I want my husband to appreciate my body, appreciate a clean house and complement me about that, but that doesn't drive me to get out of bed in the morning.   I want to live to see my kids grow old and play with my grandchildren.  I want my children to learn healthy habits now so that they don't struggle to learn them when they are older.   But those thoughts are all in the great future and I can use procrastination as an excuse.  It doesn't effect me now.

So in what seems like a selfish act, I have come to realize that my reason why is all for me.  I want to feel good.   I want to have a healthy body that can do anything I ask of it.   Head stand, sure why not.  Lift 100 lb bags of flour?  I can do that. Run a couple miles, no problem!  I want to be able to feel strong and full of energy.  I want to have a clean and organized house so that I have time to play.  So that I get to write on this blog, play on Facebook, or even help with the business without procrastinating things and without guilt!  (My hubby always says I am too busy to take on more...it's not true, I just have not prioritized yet)  I want a balanced budget and lots of savings so that I don't feel guilty when I buy things for me, things I want.  

So even though all of these things are all for me...they really effect those around me even more.   The key is that I am doing it for me.   I am taking charge and 100% responsibility instead of allowing it to be someone else's reason, someone else's fault.  The buck stops here.   I am in charge and I am doing it for me!

No comments: