Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 47 of 100---what to do when you aren't getting results.




So here I am almost half way through my challenge.   Have I had the results I wanted?  NO!  So very frustrating!  What do I do?  Just give up?  No, giving up is failure.  I am not here to fail.  I am doing this so I can learn and grow and figure out what I can do to improve myself.  Success and learning are my options.   So...what can I learn from my lack of results. 

First:  Eating whatever whenever does not serve me.   Being more present and deciding ahead of time what I am eating helps.  Along with the guidelines to eat 3 veggies and 2 fruits a day.



Second:  I am distracted very easy.  Once the computer is on I gravitate towards it and tend to sit.   So Setting a timer and sticking to it along with planning my day the night before will help me to be more productive.  If I know what I am going to do and know what I am going to eat it takes a lot of the questions out of the equation.

Third:  I have a lot of excuses.  I let myself off the hook very easily.   Food, exercise, housework.  Knowing that I do this is half the battle.  Having a trainer is another part of the battle.  She has given me meal plans and exercise plans and even comes to workout with me.  So now when she isn't here, I will take it to that next level and push myself harder.   Only one treat a day, eating those fruits and veggies.  Completing a full workout even when I am tired and want to quit.   I can do this.  I will do it.  I will counteract the negative excuses with positive thoughts!

Now it is your turn.  Look through what you are doing.  What do you think you can do better?  What can you change?  What is keeping you from your goals? Write it down.   It doesn't make you accountable unless it is written down.   Then make a plan to accomplish it.  You show your priorities by what you do everyday.  What do you want those priorities to be?   Are they showing up as your priorities?

My plan:  Pull out my planner and begin planning my day, meals, workouts, housework, etc.  Begin to create the habit of writing in it and checking in to follow while using my timer.  The day can get away so fast.   With it being a holiday today it sure disappeared on me.  I sat a lot more than I realized and suddenly it was 5 pm.

No comments: