Monday, January 5, 2015

Blender Wheat Waffles.

Who doesn't love waffles??  I know I sure do.  So after seeing a recipe come through my inbox yesterday for a sausage gravy over waffles I decided to make some for breakfast this morning.  
These take a good blender.   I thought I had a good one, a kitchenaid, but ended up with the rubber gasket in my waffles!   So not cool.  We will have to see what hubby says when he gets home tonight.  I'm hoping this will be a good reason to invest in a new one.  :-D



Blender Wheat Waffles

adapted from the I Can't Believe it's Food Storage" book by Crystal Godfrey

1 cup milk (3 T.  dry powdered milk and 1 cup water)
1 Cup Wheat Kernels, whole and uncooked
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
2 T.  Sugar
2 T. Chia or Flax seeds
1/2 cup kale or spinach

Put milk, seeds, kale and wheat kernels in blender.  Blend on highest speed for 4-5 minutes or until batter is smooth.  You may need to add a tiny bit more water if it isn't blending easily.  
Add eggs, oil, baking powder, salt,  and sugar.  Blend on low.  From the blender jar, pour batter into hot, prepared waffle iron.  Close iron to cook.   These may take a little longer than regular waffles.  

No comments: