Friday, January 9, 2015

Healthy journey day 47



I decided to add a couple new sections to my template.  First is the intentions.  The things I plan on doing.  The other is the wins for the day.   This is where I look back to see what went well for me.  I've heard from a couple different sources that book ending a day like this really helps with accomplishing your goals.  So.  Here goes.  :)



Intentions for the day:  work on cleaning my bedroom. Buy stuff for the family store.  Find freezer meal recipes.


Morning Blood Sugar:  103. A few too many orange sticks before dinner I think.

Exercise:  Treadmill while watching Jonathan's intervals with Alanna.  I feel like

I get my heart rate up better on the treadmill.  But it is fun to do the workouts too...I just follow along and listen in.  :)  I walked for 20 min before the intervals.  



Breakfast:
Time: 7:30
Hunger  Level *: 2
Ate: A spoonful of Yogurt
Comments:  I love greek yogurt.   This stuff is full fat and so so yummy!!



Snack:
Time:10:20
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate:  Chocolate protein milk
Comments:  After workout snack.

Lunch:
Time:12:30
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate: Soup, cheese and toast
Comments:  After yesterday I figured it was silly to not put cheese in my soup today.  Guess what, I like it on the toast better!  Amazing what you can figure out when you pay attention.  :)

Snack:
Time:3:30
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate:  Leftover Green bean casserole
Comments:  I'm the only one that ate any.   :)  Sometimes that creaminess really helps get the veggies down. 

5:30. Chocolate orange sticks and a piece of cake.   I was feeling snacky and dinner wasn't done yet. 

Dinner:
Time: 6:30
Hunger Level*: 1.5
Ate:  fajitas!!   Yum!!
Comments:  it's been s long time since I have made fajitas.  They were so good.  Turns out the secret is to use a thermometer to test the temp inside (165 is done)  I have always seen my mom do that, but never thought to until tonight.  Big difference!  I went for a second...but then was full before I finished. Made cookie dough afterwards and tried a couple bites of dough.  It's a new recipe with cream cheese and cornstarch.  Should be interesting. 


Water intake: 32+32+32  was really thirsty today



Daily Wins:  My wins today.  Got up earlier even though my alarm didn't go off.  I found the freezer meals, and bought family store supplies.  Staying in budget.  YAY!  Did not tackle my room.  It gets put off all the time.  I made a wonderfully yummy dinner.  Stopped eating dinner when I was full.  Started teaching my kids budgeting and how to use money.  (the family store)  A good day!



2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October


**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: