Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day 7 out of the 100-- getting Organized

I am getting organized!!  I tackled my tupperware/rubbermaid storage yesterday and this is what is left.  It was falling out and I couldn't find anything!  Boy it feels good to have a clean shelf in my pantry...Time to do another one.  :)

For a long time I've felt that my lack of organization is what holds me back from really living a healthy lifestyle. When you can't see your counter or find the food in your cupboards it is easy to get overwhelmed!  When I found the blog organize yourself skinny
I felt I had found my counterpart!  On Organize yourself Skinny, she shares a lot about planning (something I definitely can use more of) and meal prep, including freezer meals.  It was through that site I found Plan to eat and really started meal planning.  The site is amazing and the easiest to use that I have found (trust me I've used a few!!)  Here is my meal plan for this week.  I obviously have not kept to it 100% but I love that I can access it from my phone, ipad or computer, and have the recipes right there...with calorie counts if I so desire!  The other night I pulled the recipe up on my ipad and cooked with it right there.  Didn't lose the recipe, have to search for it or anything.  Something really nice about instant organization!
I also recently read a post about creating a snack bin for your fridge.  So the kids know what they can snack on.  I have not done this yet...But wanted to put it here for future reference.  I really love the idea!  http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2014/10/27/create-a-healthy-snack-area-in-your-refrigerator-with-these-4-tips/


For the home I just got this family system  They had a special over the holidays and I just felt like it would work for us.  So far so good!  Everyone sets a weekly goal and earns tickets to go to the family store.  There are rooms of the house that are assigned to be cleaned by each family member, and the expectations of homework, practice and bedroom cleaned are all there to be done before privileges like screen time or playing with friends.  So far I love it!!  I am thinking more about my responsibilities and although it hasn't kept me from picking up my phone first thing in the morning.   I do feel that I have made progress in the 24 hours since we got it!   I am very excited to see how it all pans out in the future!

What do you do to keep yourself organized?   I can use all the advice I can get in this regard!


No comments: