Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 27 of 100---drinking water



Today I have been feeling just out of it, really having a hard time concentrating and very blah.   Thinking and looking at it.  I have realized my water intake has been very lackluster.   Our body is made up of 60% water.   It is really important for day to day functions.
So...what does water help with? 
Those aches and pains in muscles and joints.
Clarity of mind
motivation...seems silly, but when it takes a lot of effort to get your muscles moving, its hard to want to do anything.
Water washes the toxins out of your body
Cravings
Movement, getting those 10000 steps is easier when you are heading to the bathroom frequently.
Water retention, another counter-intuitive, if you are not drinking enough the body holds on to more...
Migraines.  I have heard several people speak of how their increased water intake took away the migraines that plagued them for years.
Healthy, beautiful skin.  Being hydrated effects your skin directly, need less lotions, get less wrinkles.  Look younger.  Need I say more?


How much should you drink?
Generally it is said to have eight 8 oz glasses of water a day.  Usually when you are thirsty it means you are already getting dehydrated.   I crave sweets when I don't get enough water.  The best way to tell is if you are going to the bathroom approximately every 1-2 hours.   Your pee should be lemonade in color, if it is dark...you are not getting enough.  

How to get it in.
Try setting out the water you want to drink the night before.  I have two mugs I fill to get 64 oz.   I can see my intake immediately.  There is also a mug called hydr-8 which has lines marking where you should be every hour.  Take water with you everywhere, the car, in every room, make sure it is available.  You can add fruit or mint or lemons/limes to your water too.  I know if I am really dehydrated it needs to be sweetened.   Experiment and figure out what works for you. 

Let me know how you get your water in.  ;)

No comments: