Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 10 of 100 Action!

Are you learning or doing?   My hubby calls me an information gatherer.  If there is something I'm interested in I will get 10 books from the library and research the Internet.  I find everything I can on the subject.   Trouble is that I only read one, or browse through a couple and then do not put in the action to accomplish what I want.  It is fleeting and that idea passes.  I don't get passionate, I just move on to the next thing...learn about it a little and then repeat the cycle.   Once it gets hard or there is any hurdle it is easy to just give up.   Please tell me I am not alone.  :)   Being committed to an idea means that it doesn't matter what hurdle there is, what comes up, or opposition of any form.  You still accomplish the thing you set out to do.  It appears that you need to become a new person, know why you are working toward the desired outcome and have that reason mean so much that you will climb mountains to attain it.  A burning desire to push you to your goal. 

   One of the quotes that really speaks to me in this subject is "  There's a difference between interest and commitment.  When you're intereseted in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient.  When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."   --unknown   I've been interested in health and weightloss for years now.  This has not led to consistent results nor consistent action for me.  In starting this blog I am working to be more committed to results.   By taking consistent action in my 100 day challenge and constantly working to my goals until I reach them, I am placing hope in the process. The hope is in the compound effect...a book by darren Hardy, that every small action when made consistenly creates momentum that will take over and help you reach your goal.  

So here goes....constistent action, compound effect, lots of momentum.   Add those together and it reads SUCCESS!  :)

No comments: