Saturday, January 31, 2015

Healthy Journey Day 68

Intentions for the day:  Get house cleaner.  Have fun with the kids.  Do the laundry so the boys have sunday clothes tomorrow.


Morning Blood Sugar:  98  Can't complain!

Exercise:  stairs program, very low impact.   I can only jump up one stair and the toe taps were quite slow...lots of progress to be made there.   I also did a upper body workout, 20 min and pushups too...Going to join a 28 day push up challenge... I added it to my goals down below.  I am at 10 from my knees.  Looking forward to getting to the full ones.  :)

Breakfast:
Time:  9
Hunger  Level *:  2
Ate:  A yogurt...more protein than sugar.  It was rather tart...I couldn't finish it.
Comments:

Snack:
Time: 10:30
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate: 2 pieces of bread
Comments:

Lunch:
Time: 12:30
Hunger Level*: 3
Ate: Texas roadhouse with the in-laws.   Had a few fried pickles (yum!) a house salad with ranch.  Yum!  Portabello mushroom chicken, (YUM!) mashed potatoes and gravy,  (YUM!)   and a taste of my daughters chicken fried steak and my hubby's ribs.  All yum!  Usually I eat rolls but didn't this time.  Those are yum too!! :)
Comments:

Snack:
Time:3:00
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate:  Two oranges and an oatmeal pie, well 2
Comments:

Dinner:
Time:5:30
Hunger Level*: 3
Ate: breaded chicken pieces and a few fries, left over from my kids Texas roadhouse meals. 
Comments:
10:00, we ordered pizza two hours ago, and just got it...ate carrots while waiting, a little chicken and noodles. 

Water intake:  64+



Daily Wins: Got my veggies, had fun with the kids.  lots of moving, although my steps are not as high as I would like yet.  completed two batches of laundry.


Health Challenge Tally:
Eat a Healthy Breakfast (1) yes
Drink 64 oz water (2 pt)yes
Eat 2 fruits (1)yes
Eat 3 Veg (2)yes
30 min of cardio(2) yes
No Treats (1) yes
Health Supplement (1) yes
Post a Health Tip (2) yes

2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October
7.  The Amy stretch!
8.  Brenda Vance Stairs

**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: