Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 15 of 100 Become an investigator

No one knows you as well as you know yourself.   Being your own coach, your own best advocate is paramount in your journey!   So I offer that you begin to be an investigator.  When something doesn't go as well as you would expect, ask yourself why.  Figure it out and then try something different.  If that doesn't work repeat the process.   Soon you will find that you know what works and what doesn't.  Chances are it won't be a certain "diet"  I suspect you will find that you use moderation and common sense when it comes to being active and eating.   You can investigate by just paying attention, or you can make big graphs and pie charts.   I suggest you just start somewhere and notice, how you feel with your last meal lets say.   Mine was full of carbs, and I can feel that little bit of tired behind my eyes that I always get when I eat a lot of carbs.  Doesn't mean they are bad, it just means I ate more than my body needed.

Please note in this journey, there is no failure.   If you fall off the proverbial wagon it does not mean that you failed.  You just have not learned how to hold on yet.   Everyone has a different method.  Just like you will too.   My personal definition of success is that I never give up.  There is no failure, only learning experiences.  My success is found in my daily learning and growing and continuing on even when it seems so not worth it.

Figure out your definitions of success and failure.   Then begin to investigate your life.  You may be surprised as to what you find!  :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Good common sense!

debnu said...

Thanks, I sure thought so! :)