Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 24 of 100--coconut oil

Have you met my friend coconut oil?   It is fantastic stuff!  Anti-fungal, weight loss promoting, great for the skin.  What else can you ask for??

Full of medium chain fatty acids, Coconut oil is solid at Room temperature and melts at the touch of your hand.    The medium Chain fatty acids are quite beneficial.   See this article to read more

Webmd talks of its benefits for moisturizing the skin.  We use it with some essential oils for my daughters eczema, with amazing results!

It is also sited that 10 ml of coconut oil 3 times a day can reduce waist size.   I am not that dedicated to eating coconut oil.  But I will tell you what I do.  

I have replaced all my shortening with coconut oil  It works perfectly for this.  Same consistency, and yet much healthier!

Saute veggies

Replace half of your butter with coconut oil.

Moisturize your skin. 

Give manicure/fingernail massages.

use in place of diaper rash cream  (you would want a separate container for this)

Great as a lip balm

Can use to make lotion.

I feel that it is quite versatile. And tasty!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments: