Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 8 of 100 Take advantage of the day


There is a picture I have hanging in our house that says: "How you spend your day is how you spend your life"  I could think of nothing more true.  Today I have thought on that a bit.  When I sit around and play on the computer or any other screen all day it is not a great way of living.  Playing with my kids and making memories is much better.  Working hard with them, teaching them how to live is ideal.  So how can I put that into practice?




I started putting things into action today.  I created our snack bin for the fridge.

I have decided to start waking earlier and getting my morning routine started and hopefully done before hubby leaves for work.  The Darren Daily today suggested 5 am.  I'm going to try it in the morning.  We shall see how it works.  It goes back to the saying Early to bed and Early to Rise makes a man Healthy Wealthy and Wise.  It would be really nice to be able to be doing morning house cleaning when the kids are waking up instead of waking up myself.

I noticed today that I have a hard time putting off the good things for the have to things.  I am on the dodots chart as well.  All screen time is off limits until you reach level two...homework (anything I am learning) Practicing (learn Spanish app) clean bedroom.  I am not good at holding out for priorities.  I guess if I were in the marshmallow test I would be eating it right away.  Its time that I learned some delayed gratification. 

If today was your last day on earth, would it be one you would want to be remembered by?

No comments: