Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 39--welcome new year!!



This picture is on the Successories calendar that I have in my exercise room.   I thought the message for the month of January was perfect.   "Some Excel because they are destined to, most excel because they are determined to.   This year I am feeling determined.  I finally feel on the right path in that I know what I am doing and have a plan, I feel that this year is promising.   Last year I had heard of the idea of having a one word goal for the year.  I chose success for 2014.  It was a successful year.   I had many bumps and hurdles but kept jumping back in the game.  The definition of success for me is to never give up.  I never did.  My goals maybe starting the same as they were last year.  But I am stronger in resolve to achieve them.  The one word goal I am choosing for this year is FOCUS.   I tend to get distracted extremely easily.  Focus is something I am working on to be organized and accomplished in each day.  Focus felt like a great word to be my theme/goal for the year.  

What is your one word goal/theme for this year??

I am making a vision board today.  Check out the Challenge post to see it!


Morning Blood Sugar:  105   Could be that I had some yummy ice cream cake at 9 pm.  ;)

Exercise: strong lifts and treadmill.   Feeling quite strong today.  A fantastic way to start the year!





Breakfast:  
Time:9:30
Hunger  Level *:  3
Ate: bacon and cinnamon roll waffles.  (these are way easy!)
Comments: to make cinnamon roll waffles get a tube of cinnamon rolls.  Yes the pilsbury kind.  Cook them in a greased waffle iron.   Frost with the frosting.   That's it.  Yum!

Snack:
Time:12:00
Hunger Level*: 3
Ate: recovery protein chocolate milk.  Yum
Comments:

Lunch:
Time:1:00
Hunger Level*:3
Ate: a couple pieces of bacon and the last cinnamon roll waffle.
Comments:  I was more hungry than I thought I was. And an hour later I'm now wishing I had eaten a real meal.

Snack:
Time:
Hunger Level*:
Ate:
Comments:

Dinner:
Time:  4 pm
Hunger Level*: 1
Ate:  pizza, garlic bread, a little root beer, veggies. a piece of ice cream cake.
Comments:
So so hungry.   Now I've eaten too much!

Water intake: 64


2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October


**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: