Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11 of 100, when you don't feel like it

Today has been a big day of not feeling like it.  Do I really care?  Do I really want to make this change?  It is getting harder, the initial excitement has definitely diminished.  So how can I get my mind in the game again, and keep it there?

First I can remember why it is that I am even attempting to make changes in my life.   I want to give my children the best possible start in life, allow them to have a great basis to start with so they can make an even greater contribution than I can.   I  also  want to see the potential that I have with in come to fruition.  I know that there is a part of me that can do all a that I am aspiring too and more!  I desire a healthy mind and body...free of diseases like diabetes...So I can see my children grow up and meet my grand and great grand children.  Get on the floor and play with them and be active and healthy in my old age as well.  

Next I can take inventory.   What am I doing that helps me achieve my goals, what is it that is not serving me.  I have been staying up late...That definitely does not help me.  I am grumpy when I do not have enough sleep.  I have been getting caught up in the "should" guilting myself over things.  So what if I didn't drop the 2 lbs of weight I had hoped I'd see this morning.   Numbers like that are not in my control.   What is in my control are the choices I make and my reactions to my circumstances.  It is time to embrace the hard part and become stronger.   Not avoid it and fall off the wagon.
This quote I have in my living room.  It really speaks to me.  Everyone of us will have an off day.   A day that is harder than others.   The difficulty lies not in the bad, but in the growth that comes from it.   The journey is a rollercoaster.  Sometimes there will be more downs than ups and others more ups than downs.  It is how we respond to the downs that really matters.  IT may not happen as fast as we would like, but we can change our responses, we have control of our life.   We can find the positive if we just take a step back and look!                                 

No comments: