Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6--procrastination, motivation

Today was a hard day.  I woke up tired and took my time getting kids up and dressed...leading us to be almost late for school.  I felt like I was walking through mud and it showed.  Playing on my phone/ipad most of the morning, I did get in a workout and then finally my treadmill and weights.   After that it was as though my brain finally woke up.   It is true that exercise gives you energy!

I think today was one of those proving days.   The days where you get uncomfortable and have to choose whether you are going to throw in the towel and give up or if you are going to keep going and maintain your integrity.   I seriously thought about giving up multiple times today.
My negative voice was in full force.  I was tired.  I didn't want to care.  I had every excuse in the book---but I did it anyway.  In fact the more I accomplished, the more energy I had and the better I felt.   At this point it is hard to believe that I was so tired and just wanted to lay in bed and do nothing today.
I am so glad I stuck with my goals and experience the huge win of following through today.  That is the motivation behind the procrastination.  Perspective!  Erik (from bootcamp)always says that the only way to get out of a rut is to act yourself out of it.  This is a true example!

Some of you may notice that I am not the most eloquent of speech.  I am working on my communication skills....something that can be very difficult for me.  I apologize if my thoughts come out rambling or jumbled.  There is a lot that I have to say so I am using this as an outlet...not proof reading or reviewing.   :)

No comments: