Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Healthy Journey day 51

It's hard to believe I am already at day 51!   That time went by fast!   Today is day two of waking up before 5:30.  I am tired today but I still did it!   Got in some exercise, not as much as I would have liked but it's all good!  

Intentions for the day
:  Meet my new neice, Congrats Brother!  Go Shopping.  Get to bed a little earlier.   


Morning Blood Sugar:  97....very surprising.   I thought the potatoes in the stew would for sure send me higher.   

Exercise:  Strong lifts and the bike.   I heard a loud pop in my hip during one of my squats.    So I stopped faster than I would have otherwise.   It is a little painful, I'm going to rest and stretch to see if I can get it to feel better.   I've been questioning my form...think I was messing around with it a little too much.  
 

Breakfast:
Time:  7:30
Hunger  Level *: 3
Ate:  lemon water, half a choc protein milk.
Comments:

Snack:
Time: 9:00
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate:  Donuts the rest of the choc milk
Comments:  Was feeling hungry at the store and decided to treat myself.   I stood in front of the donut case and had an extremely hard time deciding which one I wanted.   There was a time I would have bought a whole dozen and eaten most of them.   Today I got one with sprinkles for my son and a crueller (sp?) I had never had one of those before.   I also got a cake with chocolate frosting.  The crueller was much better!   Tasty.  :)

Lunch:
Time:  12:30
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate: Toast and leftover stew
Comments:   I was just heading out the door to go visit my neice but realized I was quite hungry so ate first.  

Snack:
Time:  4 pm
Hunger Level*:  3
Ate:  Rolls and butter  a few cookies
Comments:  The last couple times we have had rolls there have not been enough for all of us, so I made some rhodes.   Yummy.  I needed to feel a need for rolls.  ;)

Dinner:
Time: 6:30
Hunger Level*:  3
Ate:  Bacon and one piece of cauliflower
Comments:  Wasn't really that hungry after all the rolls and cookies, no wonder.  :)   I cooked bacon and my daughter made pancakes for dinner.   I then went to a Relief Society Meeting on organization, which was quite interesting and insightful.   That's where I had the cauliflower.  Wasn't hungry really at all then.  


Water intake:   40


Daily Wins:
Didn't eat past my hunger, even though there were lots of yummmy things tonight.   Got up when I said I would. Listened to my body and didn't exercise through the pain.   Met my really beautiful neice and tried really hard not to get baby hungry.  (Although buying baby girl clothes really made me miss having a baby girl!)

2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October


**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set 
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: