Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 22 of 100 Exercise for your mood



Thanks pinterest for the picture!
Exercise is a huge mood booster.  You get those endorphins moving and suddenly the world is your oyster again. 
This afternoon was a rough one for me.  My husband has been gone all week on a business trip (Single parents I applaud you!)  I was waiting to hear on the results of a project we are working on, and they won't show up until tomorrow even though we thought it would be today.  Everything seemed to be against me.  I was becoming more and more of a sourpuss and it wasn't pretty.  I turned on an exercise video...just picked one and started moving.   I wasn't doing all the movements right, in fact I walked in place when they did lunges.  But what I did do was get my heart rate up.  After a day full of sitting I needed that.  I needed to move, I needed to do anything else other than sit and mope.  After just 5 minutes, I felt my mood start to improve.  By the end of 15 minutes all the grumpy was gone and I was feeling good again.   So this is just a reminder that Any movement is good movement.  And to find something that makes you happy, lights you up and feels good.   If it isn't fun you are not going to do it.  And moving is an immediate mood booster!   So next time you feel grumpy do the 5 min test.  Go for a walk, turn on some youtube zumba and get grooving.  :-D  I promise you will feel better!

No comments: