Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 9 of 100

Just heading out to finish the dishes and climb into bed....it's a late night and a day of distractions...but I am accomplishing my routines!


Darren Hardy this morning said that if you are overweight, you are emotionally immature.   I took offense!   I am emotionally immature???  I don't....wait.   Perhaps it is true.  I allow the negative thoughts to over take me.   I allow myself to stay in bed longer and not live up to the expectations I desire to accomplish.   I set goals and regularly let them slide.   I am the one deciding my fate.   What actions am I taking to make that decision?  Emotionally mature.   I wonder what that looks like.


This has been on my mind most of the day.  What actions do I take that show that I am emotionally mature.  Really it all comes down to putting priorities in order, and doing them even when hard, or undesirable.   Getting up early....doing chores.  Exercising.  Making dinner instead of getting takeout.  Putting down the tablet, phone, or remote and standing up and doing what needs to be done.  Being emotionally mature.

My kids' school teaches them the leader in me program which is taken from Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.   The 3rd habit's description is: 

Habit 3 — Put First Things First

Work First, Then Play

I spend my time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined and organized.

My daughter was recognized for an essay she wrote about this habit.  Here I am wondering how I can make myself follow through.   How can I do my work before play and enjoy the process?? My kids are learning, and doing, what I am finding is really hard for me to do.   Time to buck up and be an adult.  

No comments: