Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 40--

Day 2 of 100. Routines almost completed. The video from the 100daychallenge today was about integrity and completing what you set out to do.  That is my plan.  To finish what I've started!!   Jonathan in his video was talking about dropping 20-60 lbs by memorial day which is 21 days from Monday.  I'm toying with that idea.  I love the idea of releasing 42 pounds in 21 weeks.  But I also know that I don't have control over how my body releases excess fat. I'm working on gaining muscle which is denser than fat. (A pound of muscle takes up much less room than a pound of fat).  I have really been trying to step away from the numbers, but at the same time find myself drawn to them.  Eating sensibly for me and exercising will get me where I need to be.  But it is so tempting!!  :)
I guess the whole idea is to not get disappointed if I don't reach that 2 lb per week goal.  If I find myself getting too caught up in the numbers again I will step away from the scale. 

Morning Blood Sugar:  102

Exercise: Jonathan's live workout.  16 min treadmill. 



Breakfast:  
Time:8 am
Hunger  Level *:3
Ate: warm lemon water
Comments:

Snack:
Time: 10:10
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate: microwave oats and milk
Comments: the lemon water really curbs my hunger.  The goal is to eat within an hour of waking however I tend to get distracted.  I'll think on this.

Lunch:
Time: Noon
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate: Protein Chocolate milk, Garlic Cheese pizza and one piece of sausage pizza.
Comments:  Was feeling a little extra hungry, probably from not eating enough and exercising a lot this morning, and then am realizing I did a little emotional eating.   Emotional eating is a real gift though.  It tells me that I have not developed the coping skills I need to handle the situation.  I am figuring out how to work with the emotional stresses I am feeling right now...

Snack:
Time:  3:40
Hunger Level*:2
Ate: bean dip and chips
Comments: ate more than I needed but finished it off

Dinner:
Time: 7 pm
Hunger Level*: 4
Ate: Asiago chicken tenders. Veggies and dip, a bag (small of puppy chow the chez mix!)
Comments: dinner was ok.  Got it to the table late


Water intake: 64. Had a soda too just needed something sweet.  Yesterday I infused an orange and apple in my water it was so good!  I would have skipped the soda today if I had done that again I think. 


2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October


**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: