Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 44---Post vacation jet lag

It sure has been hard to get back into routine after being on vacation.   My kids were off track for all of December.  I have tried previously to keep us on routine through the off track times, however this time I ended up sick and everything seemed to go to chaos.  We were staying up later and later and sleeping in even more.  Yesterday was ok, today was really hard!  The Second day seems to be harder every time.   The motivation wains and I'm just that much more tired.  I have not exactly been on task today and so am starting over right now...off to do my morning routine. 


Morning Blood Sugar:  105.  To be expected since I ate chocolate so late last night.  Not as bad as I expected though. 

Exercise: Jonathan's live workout. Treadmill 4 mph for a half mile.  Strong lifts too. 65 lb squat. Feeling strong!! I stretched a little extra after.  I'm feeling a bit more limber.  I'm making progress!!





Breakfast:
Time: 8:30
Hunger  Level *:  2
Ate: Grapefruit
Comments:  I was hungry long before this just procrastinating eating. 

Snack:
Time: 11:15
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate:  Half a chocolate protein milk, cheese ball and crackers.  A few slices of a chocolate orange. 
Comments:  It's time to get my mind back.  I felt good for a minute after JR's workout, but now I am fading again.  It is hard for me to eat healthier when I am tired. 

Lunch:
Time:1 p.m.
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate:  chocolate milk protein
Comments:  after workout...I really procrastinated today. 

Snack:
Time:3:30
Hunger Level*:  1
Ate: nutella sandwich
Comments:  I found myself suddenly extremely hungry. 

Dinner:
Time: 6:45 pm
Hunger Level*:  2
Ate: Buffalo Chicken Casserole.  Some Veggies.
Comments:  Found this on the plan to eat website.  Tasty...I loved that it was one pot and then put it in the oven.  We actually sat around the table and ate tonight.  I had the kids clear their plates and  the kitchen was clean by eight....I even made a cake in that time.  Felt great about that!


Water intake:

2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October


**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: