Saturday, January 10, 2015

Healthy Journey Day 48

Intentions for the day:  Make freezer meals with mom and sister in laws.  (they are for another sister in law having a baby soon.  Yay for babies!)   Go to bed before midnight.  I was up way too late last night for no good reason.  Take a walk or eat more veggies and protein with dinner in order to lower my sugar for tomorrow morning.  


Morning Blood Sugar:  102, the cookie dough was a little much I think.  ;)  

Exercise:  An abbreviated strong lifts and 5 min walk on the treadmill


Breakfast:
Time: 9:30
Hunger  Level *:  3
Ate:  a couple cookies and a chocolate protein milk
Comments:  I cooked the cookie dough

Snack:
Time:noon
Hunger Level*: 2
Ate: a bite of bacon and a sprig of broccoli
Comments:  We were making freezer meals and didn't stop for lunch.  I stole a couple bitess.  

Lunch:
Time: 2:00 
Hunger Level*:  1
Ate:  Went out to zupas.  Had a pesto chicken salad sandwich and the garden chowder.  Yum.  Shared some of the kale quinoa salad and a creme brulee with my daughter.  Very tasty.  I had never been there before.
Comments:  It was a lot of fun to go out to eat with my mom sister in laws (2 of them) and my daughter.  I was starving at this point and ate a lot more than I probably would have otherwise.  

Snack:
Time:  3:00 
Hunger Level*:  3.5
Ate:  Cookies
Comments:  Just snacking.  

Dinner:
Time:  7 p.m
Hunger Level*:  3
Ate:  a couple pieces of spam cookies and milk
Comments:  Just grazing at this point.  Doing emotional eating and realizing that I have not conquered that eating style as much as I thought I had.   Oh and the cookies were not nearly as good as they should have been. 


Water intake:  32 oz


Daily Wins:  Had a great lunch, got in a workout even though I slept in a bit longer than I expected, and had to leave early.  I recognized my emotional eating and asked myself why.   

I spent the evening watching a movie...realizing now that my time would have been better spent by cleaning the kitchen.  Divergent isn't that great of a movie.   


2015 Goals:
1.  Post a total of 365 days on the blog
2.  Run a 10 min mile
3.  Squat 95 lbs
4.  Complete morning and evening routines on a daily basis. (100 days straight!)
5.  Weekly meal planning
6.  Run a Half Marathon in October


**Hunger Scale is from 0-10 with zero being absolutely empty, ravenous and 10 being so stuffed that you are absolutely sick.
0--Empty
1--Ravenous
3--Set 
4--Pangs
5--Neutral
6.5--Satisfied
8--Full
9--Stuffed
10--Sick
"Every time you start to eat, check your hunger level.  Ideally, aim for around a level of 3 to begin eating.  If you are at a 5 or above, you are not biologically hungry.  If you are at 2 or lower, you're likely over hungry and at risk for overeating."  Scale and comments taken from the book "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. 

No comments: